MACHU PICCHU PERU
TOURS + HOTELS + TRAINS + TRANSFERS
4-DAYS TRAVEL PACKAGE TO CUSCO MACHU PICCHU
Our specialties are Tour Packages, Group tours, Tailor-Made Tours, private tours, multi-day tour, day trips and more
4-Days Trip : Tours to Cusco, Sacred Valley , Machu Picchu -TOUR CODE : TP-4DCUZSVMP
BOOK YOUR TOUR TO CUSCO & MACHU PICCHU 3 DAYS
|Rates per person From $ 477.00 USD ( minimun 2 paxs)|
|Type Service||Group Service - Shared Tour ( Group size 12 paxs )|
|Starting point||Cusco city|
|Ending point||Cusco city|
|Trip Style||City tour , Archaeological site , Train journey|
|Place to visit||Cusco city ,Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu|
|Highlights||Sacsayhuaman , Qenqo, Pucapucara, Tambomachay, Ollantaytambo fortress, incas market, Machu Picchu|
|Chat with us||0051+999017609 │ tripstoperu │|
if not hotels booked in the city of Cusco please visit Cusco Hotels
VIEW FULL TOUR
Cusco navel of the world, Sacred Valley heartland of the Inca Empire & the lost city of Machu Picchu Tour 4 Days Tour
DAY 1 - VISIT CUSCO + MAIN ATTRACTIONS + 4 ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITES
Airport pick up + transfer to Cuzco hotel .
p.m.Guided visit to the city of Cusco , main attractions like Cathedral , Coricancha templo , San Blas artisanal street, main square
The tour begins13:20 p.m. . with a hotel pick up .
Guided visit to 04 archaeological sites like : Sacsayhuaman , Qenqo , Pucapucara , Tambomachay.
Hotel night in Cusco city
DAY 2 - EXPLORE THE SACRED VALLEY - TOUR THE HEARTLAND OF THE INCAS EMPIRE
Breakfast in your hotel
The tour begins 8:15 a.m. . with a hotel pick up.
Guided vist to the Market at Pisac
visit to the beautiful Inca village and fortress of Ollantaytambo and a quick stop at the Quechua village
Hotel night in Ollantaytambo
DAY 3 - DAY TRIP TO MACHU PICCHU BY TRAIN JOURNEY
Breakfast in the hotel
Hotel pick up & transfer to Ollantaytambo train station
Travel to Machu Picchu by Train
Arrival to Aguas Calientes & transfer to bus terminal
Ascent by bus to Machu Picchu
Guided tour of the Inca citadel (2 to 3 hrs.)
Bus return to Aguas Calientes
By the afternoon train journey back to Cusco city
The tour ends at 20:00 with transfer station to the hotel
DAY 4 - CUSCO FLIGHT OUT
Breakfast in the hotel
At estimated time, transfer out to the airport for your flight out.
Description Tours in Cuzco, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu 4 DAYS
DAY 1 - VISIT CUSCO MAIN ATTRACTIONS AND ITS 04 ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITES
Upon arrival to Cusco city, a representative of your Agency will pick you up in the airport and bring you to your hotel, you will receive information of your tour activities in the city.
Rest of the morning leisure to acclimatize.
Around 13:30 hrs. our guide will pick you up in your hotel and bring you to the meeting point for the classic Cusco city tour & main attractions that involves : - The Cathedral - : Cusco Cathedral is a Baroque-style cathedral built on the foundations of the palace of the Inca Wirachocha in Cusco. Construction began in 1550, using many stones looted from the site of the hillside Sacsayhuaman fortress, and was completed a century later. It is considered one of the most splendid Spanish colonial churches in America. Within the cathedral's high walls are some of the best examples of the Cusqueña School of painting, including a Marcos Zapata painting of the Last Supper with a local specialty, cuy (guinea pig), as main course.
The cathedral's centerpieces are its massive, solid-silver altar, and the enormous 1659 Maria Angola bell, the largest in South America, which hangs in one of the towers. The cedar choir has carved rows of saints, popes, and bishops, all in stunning detail down to their delicately articulated hands. Five chapels flank each side of the nave; one dedicated to Nuestro Señor de los Temblores (Our Lord of the Earthquakes) contains a solid-gold crucifix that, legend has it, minimized damage to the chapel during a 1650 earthquake. There’s no-Christian imagery in Cusco Cathedral too: figures of pumas, the Inca representation of the earth, are carved on the enormous main doors Normal access to the cathedral is not via those doors but through the adjoining Iglesias del Triunfo, the city's first Christian church.
- The Koricancha Palace and Convent of Santo Domingo. Koricancha is a classic example of the fusion of Inca and Western cultures, and was one of the most important temples in the Tahuantinsuyu. Its finely polished stone walls were used as the foundations of the Convent of Santo Domingo. The temple walls were said to have been sheathed in gold and silver, it was dedicated to sun worship, as well as containing images of the gods of thunder and Wiracocha, deities brought from various regions and the mummified bodies of Inca rulers. The temple worship was reserved for the highest-ranking figures of the era, and was visited by representatives of communities all over the empire to render homage to the gods of the Tahuantinsuyu. The tour continues visiting 4 archeological complexes located around the city:
- Sacsayhuaman.- Sacsayhuaman is one of the most amazing Incas constructions for tourists. Its Quechua name means "satisfied falcon", it was the falcon that guarded the capital of the empire, since it was possible to overlook Cusco from the hill in where it was erected. If, as it is known, Cusco was designed with the shape of a lying puma, Sacsayhuaman would be its head, and the Coricancha would correspond to the feline's genitalia. It is said that the work was started by Pachacutec and continued by Tupac Yupanqui, even though some chroniclers state that it was Huayna Capac who gave it the final touch. Inca Garcilaso de la Vega says that Apu Huallpa Rimachi was the main architect, and that Inca Maricanhi, Acahuana Inca and Calla Cunchuy successively took control of the works.
Its construction took over seven decades and required the work of 20,000 men approximately, both for the foundations and hewn stone works, the transportation of materials, carving and stones setting. Hewn stones could have been located at Muina, Huacoto and Rumicolca, 20 kilometers away from Cusco, and at closer places such as Sallu,Rumi, Chita, Curovilca and Viracocha. Sacsayhuaman Some of its external walls exceed the 9 meters of height and 350 tons of weight.
Spectacular fortress built with huge carved rocks jointed with absolute accuracy, this astounding sample of the Incan military architecture is, undoubtedly, the greatest architectonic work of the Tahuantinsuyo. But, in addition, it proves the undeniable firmness of the great administrative capacity of the empire and its powerful logistic system capable of mobilizing and organizing such a work.
It is located 2 km away from the city of Cusco, that is, 10 minutes by car. As of the Spanish arrival its aspect has changed a lot, since this fortress was used as a hewn stone to build the colonial Cusco.
- Qenqo.- At 4 and 6 km, 5 minutes to the northeast of Cusco, by asphalted road, we can find the two archaeological sites of Qenqo: Qenqo Grande, which is located near the road that goes from Sacsayhuaman to Pisac; and Quenko Chico, which is located at 350 meters to the west from the latter, on the hillside. Both of them are worship places whose nature has not been deciphered yet, but in which we can highlight the Inca's predilection for stone and their thoroughness with regard to the carving process. These sites are limestone outcrops on which intricate mythical representations had been carved. It is believed that it was destined to the worship of the land. Its Quechua name means zigzag, probably due to the labyrinthine underground galleries, or due to the small channels carved on rocks with that shape.
- Puca-Pucara.- Located at 7 km to the northeast of the city, by the road leading to Pisac (30 minutes by car and 2 hours on foot), we find this inca site which Quechua name means "red fortress" due to the color of the rocks when the twilight reflects on them. (puca = red and pucara = fortress or defended place). It would deal about a military building made up by overlapping terraces, interior squares, aqueducts, watchtowers, high walls and staircases.
However, Its presence along the road may also indicate that it was a wayside inn, though its structure does not belong to the standard outlining that characterizes those buildings along the Inca trails. On this possibility, there is a version that says the Inca accommodated there his numerous delegations each time he decided to visit the Tambomachay baths. The site occupies another typical rocky place standing out in the Sacsayhuaman plain. Towards the western side, it shows a facade on a free area like a small square. On the opposite site, there is a medium size building, which main characteristic is its strategic location since it controls the whole surrounding territory.
- Tambomachay.- Tombo Machay, 7 km northeast of Cusco, is believed to have been built around 1500 AD.This site, sometimes referred to as Inca's Bath or El Baño del Inca, is thought to have been used for religious functions. Some theories suggest Tambo Machay was involved in an Inca water cult. Fountains or waterfalls fed by spring water were used to channel water to a ceremonial stone bath. The fountains are still functional at this well preserved site. Above the baths is an Inca wall. Tambo Machay is located in a sheltered area about 300m off the road to Pisac.Frequency:everyday in the afternoons.
Around 18:00 p.m. we will return to Cuzco city and drop you off in your hotel, rest of the night leisure to explore the city by night.
1 HOTEL NIGHT IN CUSCO CITY
DAY 2. - EXPLORING THE SACRED VALLEY OF THE INCAS
Sacred Valley of the Incas or Urubamba Valley , the heartland of the inca empire, close to the inca capital of Cuzco contains numerous archaeological remains and villages, due to its special geographical and climatic qualities this Sacred Valley was appreciated by the Incas.
The route crosses a spectacular geography crossed by the Vilcanota River a fertile valley which in turn is the most productive of the country where you can find the best corn in the world, various fruits proper of the region. at an altitude of 2800 m.s.n.m. surrounded by Snow Capped mountains like Apu Salkantay ( Salkantay Mountain Range), its climate is marked by two seasons: wet and dry. The wet season occurs between the months of November to April. Sacred Valley or Urubamba province is made up of the districts where the main architectural monuments of the Incas: Urubamba, Ollantaytambo, Chinchero, Huayllabamba, Maras and Yucay.
08:30 h. You will be picked up from your hotel in Cusco by our local representative. Our excursion is done on a private tourist bus, which is shared with other travelers. Afterwards we will take a road that winds over the mountains north of Cusco. On the way we will stop at a point known as El Mirador, from where we will be able to see the whole Sacred Valley and receive a good insight of the Inca history.
The Sacred Valley was undoubtedly a key area of settlement to the Incas; its combination of agreeable climate and fertile plains bestow an unusual abundance for the high Andes. Here the Incas sculpted the mountain flanks with vast contour terracing and irrigation channels. Our driver and guide will suggest you the best points for pictures.
Later on, we will drive towards the ruins of Pisac. At the ruins you will see and learn about different aspects of Inca culture. You can see a great fine art of stone works and impressive agricultural terraces all over the place. After touring around we will get back to the car and will drive back to the modern town of Pisac, where there is a peculiar market that deserve to be visited.
At the market you will have free time to walk around and do some shopping. Afterwards we will meet for lunch in a nice local restaurant to enjoy good Andean food.
After lunch the tour continue along the Urubamba River towards the town of Ollantaytambo. Once we get there a guided visit the ruins of Ollantaytambo, an important Inca construction built during the Inca's heydays. This is an extraordinary Inca place where besides the ruins you may also see an amazing rock formation representing the Inca god Wiracocha. Afterwards, we will drop you off in your hotel
1 HOTEL NIGHT IN OLLANTAYTAMBO ( SACRED VALLEY )
DAY 3 - DAY TRIP TO MACHU PICCHU - TRAIN JOURNEY
At time just right after breakfast in your hotel , pick up and transfer to the train station of Ollantaytambo, After departing from the village of Ollantaytambo, the train will start to descend more and more, along the edge of the Urubamba River, till finally reach the cloud forest. After approximately 2 hours we will have arrived in Aguas Calientes ( MACHU PICCHU VILLAGE) where a representative from our agency will welcome you and then will escort you to the following bus terminal that will bring us to the main gate of Machu Picchu.
guided tour in the Incan city of Machu Picchu will last about 2 hours, our professional and expert native guide will take you through the main streets and monuments of the temple, then the tourist will have free time to explore on your own the citadel taking pictures and enjoy an invaluable landscape.
At appropaite time we will return by bus to Aguas Calientes , we have free time to enjoy this colorful village assortment by restaurants, ideal for shopping before boarding a train to take us back to Cusco city where our guides will be waiting and take you finally to your hotel.
1 HOTEL NIGHT IN CUSCO CITY
DAY 4 - FLIGHT OUT
Breakfast in your hotel, rest of the morning to your leisure ,appropriate time to pick you up at your hotel and transfer to the airport for your flight out.
Book this tour : In order to book this tour, request it via Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fill the form of reservation requesting your tour activity :
mail this information to : email@example.com
- Once you mail us this information we will open a file and protec your itinerary with a unique code generated by our management system, followed a Confirmation Code which will be sent to you confirming this Trip.
For payments : click here for payments options
List of our Cusco Machu Picchu Tours And Tour Packages
Tours by destination
Tours in Lima
Paracas & Ballestas Islands Tours
Ica & Huacachina Tours
Tours in Nazca
Arequipa & Colca Canyon
All Tours in Cuzco
Inka Trail Tours
Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu
Trujillo Chiclayo Tours PRE-Inca
Chachapoyas Tourrs PRE- Inca
Iquitos Amazon river Tours & Cruises
Tambopata & Madre de Dios Amazonian Tours
Huaraz Tours PRE-Inca
SOUTH AMERICAN TOURS :
Ecuador Galapagos Tours
Bolivia Uyuni Tours
Tours by Activity & Type
Tours for seniors
Family tours Machu Picchu
Full day tours
Solo travel to Peru
Peru group tours
Deluxe tours to Peru
Peru private tours
Peru archaeological tours
Tours to the jungle, Amazonian tours
Peru cheap tours
Cruises , Catamaran, Boat tours in Peru
Train Journeys in Peru
Affordable tours in Peru
Birding tours in Peru
Guided tours in Peru
Tour packages multi-day
Best Peru Tour 8 Days
Inca Empire Tour 8 Days
Peru Heritage 10 Days
Hidden Treasures 10 Days
Peru Adventure 11 Days
Peru Unforgettable 15 Days
Archaeological Peru 15 Days
Peru South Circuit 15 Days
Origin of the Cultures 16 Days
Northern Kingdoms 16 Days
Machu Picchu Uyuni Affordable 11 Days
Machu Picchu Uyuni Deluxe 13 Days
Machu Picchu Uyuni Adventure 14 Days
Machu Picchu Galapagos Affordable 11 Days
Machu Picchu Galapagos Deluxe 13 Days
Machu Picchu Galapagos Adventure 14 Days